The Evil DM

The Evil DM
The Evil DM

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 8 - First set of polyhedral dice you owned. Do you still use them?

I bought a set directly from TSR along with the original books. The manufacturer used soft plastic. After a year of heavy use, they turned into marbles. I lost my original dice in the disaster of shipping my stuff from Germany.

Dice were only available in 4, 6, 8, 12, and 20 sides when I started playing Dungeons and Dragons. Twenty sided dice had numbers from zero to nine, twice. I painted half of the die to show the higher numbers. Now you can get dice with 10, 24, 30, and 100 sides. I even found a place selling dice with 3, 5, 7, 14, 16, and 50 sides.

How about a one side die? Take a Mobius strip and number the side. Now you have a one sided die. Someone has probably made it, but how about a two side die? Just take a coin and number the sides 1 and 2.



The art is from here:
With a video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment