The Evil DM

The Evil DM
The Evil DM

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 23 - First song that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?

Hotel California by the Eagles is the first song that comes to mind I associate with D&D. The lyrics give a definite adventure feel.

And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax", said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "


"Steely knives" have no effect on numerous monsters in D&D. Those monsters require silver or magical weapons. The song reminds me of Tegal Manor produced by the Judges Guild. Both came out in 1977.



No comments:

Post a Comment