The Evil DM

The Evil DM
The Evil DM

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 24 - First movie that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?

The first movie I think of is Raiders of the Lost Ark. Adventures should be fun like Raiders of the Lost Ark. I love the scene with the large rock rolling after the characters. It is reminiscent of the Wile E. Coyote cartoons.

I use a similar trap in a dungeon I created to emulate Hellwell from the Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny. In the book, an on my dungeon, the door to Hellwell is inscribed with the words, "Go away. This is not a place to be. If you do try to enter here, you will fail and also be cursed. If somehow you succeed, then do not complain that you entered unwarned, nor bother us with your deathbed prayers." The inscription is signed, "The Gods."

My Hellwell dungeon has fifty-foot wide corridors winding around a huge central shaft. There are several large boulders type traps. The boulders roll down the corridors and eventually falls down the central shaft. Avoiding the boulders is relatively easy. The bigger problem is the noise the boulder causes as it warns all the denizens of the lower dungeon.



No comments:

Post a Comment